Saturday, December 27, 2008

Do dragons exist in North America?


Our family had a nice Christmas and Santa brought the kids a unicycle, a Ripstick skateboard, and a remote control plane along with several stocking stuffers. My son received a cool book on how to draw dragons. The first drawing in this post is my attempt at a wyvern dragon which is not found in North America. However before Lewis & Clark had completed their famous expedition of the West it was not known what type of flora and fauna existed west of the Mississippi. In fact, I've just started reading a very entertaining book my wife gave me called Undaunted Courage : Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson, and the Opening of the American West by Stephen E. Ambrose. The second sketch is based on the painting which appears on the cover of this book.

No comments: